I believe not all versions of moto racer support D3D, I could be wrong or confused by another game, but maybe there was a v1.2 patch enabling that renderer. Later I'll check on my files and tell you for sure.
More I know your app, more I like it. This software is what is missed to WIne: a way to play Windows 95 games. During the last week I tried differents WIndows 95 games with DxWnd on Linux with WIne and the results are very encouraging. I hope you preseerve the Linux/WIne compatibility in the future release, we absolutely need your software.I finally find a way with DxWnd to obtain direct3d accelleration with Moto Racer 1 on Linux with Wine:in the DirectX tab, I obtain direct3d acceleration only with "none, primary buffer, locked surface" renderer.If I import your "motoracer 1 demo" config file, I just have to change the default renderer "primary surface" by one of this other renderer to obtain D3D acceleration.
This post is not directly related to Linux (I have Win7), but I have not found another thread about Moto Racer. In my case, the game worked in D3D mode with DxWnd (I have Nvidia), but the race screen was basically not visible (see picture). On one page I found this patched file.I have added parameters to the line "Launch: yourpath\moto.exe -D3D -TextureVideoMem268435456 -ZBuffer -frameratemax = 60 -CorrectRatioTexturesIt worked for me (also but it only worked "-TextureVideoMem268435456 -frameratemax = 60 -CorrectRatioTextures").Enjoy :-)
If I enter the parameters I mentioned in my previous post with my old moto.exe no change will happen (except that Settings is in French)°°°.If I do not specify parameters with patched moto.exe the game complains (see image.)
Unfortunately, in old moto.exe there is no mention of the TextureVideoMem parameter which fixes the d3d error detection in patched exe.So the graphics error in the race screen may be other error than in patched exe.But if I ever find enough time, I'll try with other parameters.
That is possible. But since, that parameter -TextureVideoMem doesn't exist in old moto.exe,gog version is probably patched version (3.20p or 3.21 or 3.22 - I don't know if there is an older patch than 3.20p - I didn't find it). I think the bug in the old version of moto.exe (blue screen in race) cannot be corrected via the parameters simply because more than half of them there is missing. Fortunately the patched version works in D3D (with parameters), at least for me (nvidia graphic). 2b1af7f3a8