The left side of the JAPE window contains a list of all the editablecharacters in the saved game. Characters with a * beside their nameare the mercenaries on your team. Click on the name of character, andhis/her statistics will be displayed on the right side of the window.
You select one savegame slot at the beginning of a new game, and the game will stick to that slot throughout your playthrough. The game will also make sure to save before you leave, so you can rest assured you will always be able to pick up at where you left.
Basic Wildfire support is present, with most of the data differences externalized. You needto have JA2, Wildfire and this conversioninstalled to start a Wildfire game. It is implemented as other mods, so you canstill play vanilla games too.
It was quite easy to hex-edit save files for JA and JADG, because eachmerc in your party has a fixed address for his/her name, followed by allattributes, inventory items, etc. But I think this is no longer the casefor JA2. The last time I looked at the save file for JA2 (demo version),merc names were not stored in plain ASCII text, and possible locations forattributes or items seem to be different everytime you save a game. Gee,I wonder why the designers of JA2 need to take this kind of precautions.I mean, who are they to assume that some of us may actually want to hacka stupid game file.... ur, never mind. ;-)But seriously, I wish there is an "import character" option in JA2, where Ican start a new game with the same (god-like) custom merc from the end of mylast game.--Nai-Chi"Are you crazy? Do you know how many push-ups I can do?" - Calvin Barkmore, after taking a bullet in his head.
I am just starting a game with FN P90 and H&K C11 for my Custom, set thespecialties to Stealty and Night Ops.I zipped a saved game once and it was around 500k, not too bad to sendas an attachment.
Roberto Ullfig wrote:> > Where are the stats for the custom merc saved in? In the save game file?> Can this data be edited easily (using some sort of hex editor) with a> 1.05r version of a save game. I'd like to play with a kick ass starting> merc only (maybe a sidekick or two). With JA:DG, I played an interesting> infinite campaign using only Mike so I'd like to do something similar.>
>1.03 was the first version released in the U.S., there was no earlier>version released except Germany I believe.Duh, yes, now I have figured that out :) A bit slow here . . . butnow I am ready to edit. Thanks.Grifman>>Grifman wrote:>> >> On Sun, 17 Oct 1999 02:08:22 GMT, mki...@gte.net (Mark Kiger) wrote:>> >> >I have done this several times. Make certain you follow the instructions on>> >the web site. It does not seem to work for the NPCs though. Currently my>> >custom is dragging along two G11s and a P90 and just having a lot of fun>> >shooting just about everything on expert mode.>> >>> >The way I worked it was to start a game on 1.03 unpatched (I renamed the>> >ja2.exe and ja2.icd to ja2103.exe and ja2103.icd). Create a character, do not>> >save. Run the editor and alter what you want. Go back to 1.03 and start a>> >game, use the 90210 code at IMP. You might have to wait a bit for it to do>> >whatever it does. Hire your mercs and start the game. Now save and exit.>> >Run your patched game and load the game you just saved. It converts it and>> >that is about all you need.>> >>> >Mark>> >> Anybody know where I can get the v.1.03 patch to use with the editor?>> Can't seem to find it anywhere.>> >> Grifman
- Feature: New logo is used as application icon- Feature: Using the brothel in san mona is now possible (#76)- Feature: Allow stacked item popup to have multiple lines.- Feature: FreeBSD and OpenBSD build system improvements- Bugfix: Fix water not being taken into account for movement noise- Bugfix: Fix random crashes after AI-vs-AI autoresolve battles (#253)- Bugfix: Talon cannot be loaded with two grenades anymore (#130)- Bugfix: Mercs that end a turn without moving while running now leave running stance (#194)- Bugfix: Helicopter shadow is now rendered all the way to the screen border on high resolutions (#261)- Bugfix: Some interface elements were not rendered correctly in editor on high resolutions (#152)- Bugfix: Repair can now be used in underground sectors (#152)- Bugfix: Credit screen rendering was fixed for higher resolutions (#222)- Bugfix: Some sounds sounded different from vanilla (#78)- Bugfix: Broken contract button in strategic view (#80)- Bugfix: Clipping issue with militia map (#88)- Bugfix: Vertically center time compress text in its box- Bugfix: Armor label position in strategy merc inventory- Bugfix: Ammo label position in weapon detail view- Bugfix: Only heal up Elliot if he is not already dead (#153)- Bugfix: Patch from Thomas Moore to fix contract renewal interface freeze- Bugfix: Position cash splitting interface correctly in strategic mode (#178)- Bugfix: Cow is not a bloodcat- Bugfix: Number of bloodcats on medium difficulty was the same as on hard- Bugfix: Dont end up in a locked ui state when somebody leaves (#200)- Bugfix: Fix corpses and items appearing in water (#179)- Bugfix: Rare boxing crash when money is handed over (#199)- Bugfix: crash when loading map (#143)- Bugfix: End of meanwhile cutscene crash (#198)
- In-game video is playable now. Thanks to Misanthropos and Greg Kennedy (author of libsmacker library) - Fixed issue #1 (Double amount of money on new game start) - Fixed issue #121 (Misplaced text after IMP creation) - Fixed issue #134 (On high res subtotal is not displayed correctly) - Fixed issue #127 (Bobby Rays prices not getting updated) - Fixed issue #131 (Unhandled exception with fall-from-roof animation) - Fixed crash on leaving shop interface without closing attachment panel - Fixed issue #129 (SegFault on loading a SavedGame) - Fixed issue #128 (Segmentation fault on entering sector with enemies) - Fixed issues #120,#124 (incorrect ammo type for CAWS and SPAS-15) - Shift is no longer used as replacement for Alt (Option) on Linux and Mac OS X Now to move backward use: Option + Left button mouse (LBM) on Mac OS X - Alt + LBM or Alt + Meta (WinKey) + LBM on Linux, depending on your desktop environment This fixes issue #123 and reverts changes made for issue #40.
- some hardcoded data has been externalized, weapon characteristics for example. See files in 'externalized' directory. This makes JA2-Stracciatella more suitable for mod development. - some hotkeys have been added. They are not enabled by default. See externalized/game.json and externalized/readme.txt for details. - Fixed issue #63 (Holding a two handed item, the second hand graphic is not remove in map inventory) - Fixed issue #70 (Bug during imp creation) - Fixed issue #77 (Graphical glitch when placing mercs before battle) - Fixed issue #79 (Small issue in sector inventory) - Fixed issue #82 (Hotkey requests) - Fixed issue #85 (Another issue in sector inventory) - Fixed issue #90 (Flower Service Buttons Not Selectable) - Fixed issue #91 (Financial History Reset) - Fixed issue #92 (NPC's speech text is in the wrong place) - Fixed issue #103 (small typo in \externalized\readme.txt) - Fixed issue #104 (Alt+o cheat is not working) - Fixed issue #105 (Dissonance with externalized data)
- Fixed issue #59 (Inventory won't open on strategic screen if using a non-default resolution) - Fixed issue #58 (Game crashing while entering some sectors) - Fixed issue #57 (Deadlock leads to player turn without reseting the AP) - Fixed issue #56 (laptop mode has problems with high resolutions) - Fixed issue #53 (crash when saving the game) - Fixed issue #52 (High res glitch with merc move menu) - Fixed issue #51 (Broken text log after loading a saved game) - Fixed issue #47 (High res glitch on loading game)
- Saved games are now compatible between Windows and unix platforms (Linux, Mac OS X). Saves made on Windows can be loaded on Linux and vise versa. All new saves are done in Windows format. Old unix saves can still be loaded.- Fixed issue #31 (Only fences in banks and cliffs section) - Fixed issue #28 (Map editor doesn't work in Russian (not gold) version) - Fixed issue #5 (Russian language is broken in VS build)
- Map editor is now included into the game exe. Start it with command-like key '-editor' or '-editorauto'. Map editor requires Editor.slf to work.- Fixed issue #18 (Crash on exiting full screen mode on Mac OS)
- Added support for high video resolutions. For example, game can be started in 1024x768 mode like this: ja2.exe -res 1024x768. Any reasonable resolution should work.- Added compilation instructions for building the project on Linux, Windows, Mac OS 10.6 - 10.8, cross building on Linux for Windows.- Added solution files for Visual Studio 10 Express, Xcode 4.2, 4.6
- Single exe can now work with many versions (localizations) of the game. There is no need anymore to compile binary for every version of the game.- There is no need anymore to lower-case game resources on Linux.
It would appear, that once a clean save is achieved, laying roads settles down and few(er) errors are encountered. If you lay a large section of road and try to save, you will spend frustrated ages sorting the errors out.
Some tilesets have debris that will tile together to form carpets and other floor graphics. With these, you must place each part individually. Loading your brush with these graphics will only result in the editor laying these at random. 2b1af7f3a8